Dear Members of the Massey College Community,
I am pleased to announce the news you have all been waiting for: the reading list for the 2018-19 Massey Book Club.
1) Monday, October 1st, 2018 – “Seven Fallen Feathers” by Tanya Talaga
2) Monday, November 5th, 2018 – “Exit: West” by Mohsin Hamid
3) Monday, December 3rd, 2018 – “My Brilliant Friend” by Elena Ferrante
4) Monday, January 7th, 2019 – “Do Not Say We Have Nothing” by Madeleine Thien
5) Monday, February 4th, 2019 – “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari
6) Monday, March 4th, 2019 – “Women and Power: a Manifesto” by Mary Beard
As you can see, it is a great list that will keep you busy throughout the summer. I would like to thank the many of you who responded to our call for book suggestions and who also chose your top three in the fiction and non-fiction categories. And I would like to thank the members of the Massey Book Club Committee who oversaw the process and made the final selection of books: Junior Fellow David Sutton, Senior Fellow Ivan McFarlane, Visiting Scholar Lily Cho, Quadranglers Sandra Martin and Harry Malcolmson.
We will announce the presenters of the selected books in early September and we look forward to seeing you at our Book Club nights.
Chair, Massey Book Club