Dear Members of the Massey Community,
We are delighted to announce the call for nominations for new Senior Fellows. If you know of someone who would enrich the Massey community, please consider submitting a nomination package. All members of the Massey Community are eligible to nominate a new SF for consideration. Note that each member may nominate only one candidate per year. In order to enrich the Massey community with new members, preference will be given to nominees who are not already Massey community members.
In keeping with Massey’s commitment to diversity, we encourage nominations of racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Nominations will be accepted until January 31, 2020.
Guidelines for submission:
- Each nominee must be supported by two nominators within the Massey community, one of whom will serve as lead nominator.
- Nominations must be submitted through this online form. Please include a letter from each nominator outlining reasons for supporting the nomination, and the candidate’s CV. All documents must be in .pdf format.
- Nominees should meet some or all of the following criteria:
- high achievement in their chosen discipline for their stage of career,
- community engagement,
- engagement or experience with graduate students, and
- clear indication that they will actively participate in the life of the college as described in the document on Role and Activities of Senior Fellows.
- Academic nominees must have been granted tenure or be Associate Professor.
- The persons on the proposed slate will be contacted by a representative of the Senior Fellow Nominating Sub-Committee with the question of whether the nominated person would like her/his/their name to stand on the ballot.
- The final slate of candidates will be submitted for approval by the Governing Board.
- The Senior Fellow term will begin in July each year.
- The initial term of a Senior Fellow is three years, followed by possible renewals at each subsequent three-year mark.
We are looking forward to receiving your nominations.
Nominating Committee for Senior Fellowship