2020-2021 RECRUITMENT CALL FROM THE CCR2P
The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the Responsibility to Protect principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
- Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at the University of Toronto or current students/ recent alumni from any major universities with a minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0;
- A demonstrated passion and interest for the study and advocacy of R2P principle/human rights/global humanitarianism;
- Ability to commit at least 5 hours/week from September 14,2020 to May 14, 2021 (inclusive)
Interested candidates should submit the following files before midnight on Monday, Sept 7th 2020 (EST) to firstname.lastname@example.org with [CCR2P Fall Recruitment – Position- Your name] in the subject line. Please save your files with your full name included in the title and combine all files into one PDF if possible.
- CCR2P Online Application form (http://ccr2p.org/opportunities)
- A short statement of interest which clearly identifies your interest in R2P, the CCR2P and the position you are applying for. Please be specific in your skill sets, past extra-curricular experiences, as well as your ideas and visions for CCR2P in the upcoming year (500 words maximum)
- A full C.V.
- A writing sample (in the field of international relations)
- A copy of your university transcript (Acorn/ROSI screenshot is fine)
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates may be interviewed via Zoom in early September. All applications will be considered on a rolling basis but please note that only successful candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All work will be done virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Research & Policy Division: Associates (15) & Deputy Directors (5)
- R2P Live Division: Associates (12)
- Community Outreach Division: Associates (3)
- Communications & Media Division: Associates (3)
- Co-Editors of the Canadian Journal for R2P (2)
- Co-Directors of R2P Scholars Network (2)
- Director of Administration (1)
- Director of R2P Live (1)
- Director of Research & Policy Division (1)
Some useful info regarding our projects this year:
Research & Policy Division will be organized in the following sub-divisions:
❏ R2P & Cyber Security and Technology
❏ R2P & Women’s Rights
❏ R2P & Canadian foreign policy
❏ R2P & Asia Pacific (China & North Korea)
❏ R2P & Multilateral institutions (UN,G20, EU and NATO)
R2P Live Division: R2P Live analysts are responsible for researching and monitoring R2P crises around the world to generate content (e.g. dispatches, videos) for the purpose of educating on R2P-related topics. Fluency in any of the six official UN languages will be highly valued.
Media & Communications Division: Bilingualism (English/French) is required for this division, as well as advanced skills in computer graphics & social media networks.
Community Outreach Division: Previous experience with campus groups/civil society organizations in the field of international affairs is required for this division.
R2P Scholars Network & Canadian Journal for R2P: Familiarity with existing scholarship in the R2P community will be considered an asset.
Director of Administration: Excellent communication skills, time management skills, and organizational skills will be required for this position. There will be opportunities for some (paid) RA work for research & publication depending on the caliber of the candidate.
Director of Tech & Innovation (R2P Live): Strong organizational skills, extensive familiarity with Squarespace, and experience with computer science, graphic design and/or systems engineering will be highly valued.
Director of Research & Policy: A superb grasp of the R2P scholarship, exemplary research skills, and excellent organization is required for this position. A current student at the University of Toronto in the field of R2P study will be given merit points.