2020 Catherall Travel Bursary
The 2020 Catherall Travel Bursary Application is now closed. The reimbursement form will be available upon distribution of award amounts.
For any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Catherall Travel Bursaries are the result of an endowment gift by Mrs. Anne Craik and Professor Fergus Craik who are both Senior Fellows of the College. The bursaries are meant to sponsor Junior Fellows whose work would be enhanced by this financial assistance and encouragement. The Catherall Travel Bursaries are available to all current Junior Fellows once a year per the deadlines below.
At the time of application, an applicant must be:
- A Resident or Non-Resident Junior Fellow; and
- Presenting a paper at an academic conference outside Toronto; or engaged in research away from the University of Toronto; and
- Have a SIN number or International Tax Number (ITN)
- Accurate completion of The Catherall Travel Bursary Application.
- Current Junior Fellows are entitled to apply for a single trip towards the Catherall Travel Bursary for the current calendar year (2020). See Other information regarding any trip changes.
- No more than 500 words letter of support from an academic supervisor or a member of a research advisory committee. Please note that this is not a general reference letter, but a letter of support related to the paper you are giving or research you are doing.
- Letter of support should be signed, scanned and attached where required on the application form.
- Only trip expenses with supporting documents for airfare/transportation, accommodations and registration fee estimates will be considered.
- All completed applications must be received by Monday, February 17, 2020.
- The deadline is firm and final as all funding available will be distributed at the time awards are announced.
- The Catherall Travel Bursaries are intended to assist as many Junior Fellows as fairly as possible. Award values will be calculated based on travel costs relating to destination and number of travel days, in addition to any related conference/research fees. Award values will only cover a portion of trip costs, and depends on the number of applications each year, as all available funding will be distributed.
- Students will be notified of their travel bursary award in April 2020 (exact date to be determined).
- At the time of award notification:
- You are encouraged to write a thank you note to the donors, Mrs. Anne Craik and Professor Fergus Craik; and
- You may be randomly selected to complete a post-travel report of no more than 500 words, on how the travel impacted your graduate studies. This report may be shared with donors, and will help future fundraising efforts.
In order to be reimbursed for your travel expenses, please provide the following to Gia Ting in the Bursar’s Office (House V, Room 1):
Accurate completion of the Travel Bursary Reimbursement Form online which includes:
- Summary of total travel costs. (If actual costs are significantly lower than the estimate, then the award may be reduced.)
- Original invoices and receipts up to the amount awarded. Although receipts are only required up to the amount awarded, total travel costs are required to compare against travel estimate on application. Awards may be reduced if actual costs are significantly lower.
- Original boarding passes confirming travel was undertaken. Printouts of mobile boarding passes are also acceptable.
- Relevant documents confirming your trip’s purpose (registration, admission, event brochure, notes, archival permission etc.)
- Post-travel report of no more than 500 words, if applicable.
- Per College policies, Massey reserves the right to deduct any award amount for reimbursement against outstanding account balances.
Incomplete reimbursement requests will not be processed.
- All completed travel reimbursement requests must be submitted by December 7, 2020.
- If the conference or research is cancelled or delayed, you may re-submit an application for an alternative conference or research in the same calendar year, up to the same award amount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Alternative conference or research must be approved before reimbursement.
- Unused funds cannot be carried forward to the following calendar year.
- Award amounts are non-negotiable.