2019 Catherall Travel Bursary
The Catherall Travel Bursary applications for travel in the 2019 calendar year is now CLOSED.
For any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Catherall Travel Bursaries are the result of an endowment gift by Mrs. Anne Craik and Professor Fergus Craik who are both Senior Fellows of the College. The bursaries are meant to sponsor Junior Fellows whose work would be enhanced by this financial assistance and encouragement.
At the time of application, an applicant must be:
- A Resident or Non-Resident Junior Fellow; and
- Presenting a paper at an academic conference; or engaged in research away from the University of Toronto; and
- Have a SIN number or International Tax Number (ITN)
- Accurate completion of The Catherall Travel Bursary Application.
- No more than 500 words letter of support from an academic supervisor or a member of a research advisory committee. Please note that this is not a general reference letter, but a letter of support related to the paper you are giving or research you are doing.
- Letter of support should be signed, scanned and attached where required on the application form.
- Supporting documents for all trip expenses as provided on the form.
- All completed applications must be received by Monday, February 11, 2019.
- The deadline is firm and final as all funding available is spent at the time awards are announced.
- Students will be notified of their travel bursary award by Thursday, March 14, 2019.
- At the time of award notification:
- You are encouraged to write a thank you note to the donors, Mrs. Anne Craik and Professor Fergus Craik; and
- You may be randomly selected to complete a post-travel report of no more than 500 words, on how the travel impacted your graduate studies. This report may be shared with donors, and will help future fundraising efforts.
In order to be reimbursed for your travel expenses, please provide the following to Gia Ting in the Bursar’s Office (House V, Room 3):
- Accurate completion of the Travel Bursary Reimbursement Form online as well as a physical copy which includes:
- Summary of total travel costs. (If actual costs are significantly lower than the estimate, then the award may be reduced.)
- Original invoices and receipts up to the amount awarded. Although receipts are only required up to the amount awarded, total travel costs are required to compare against travel estimate on application. Award may be reduced if actual costs are significantly lower.
- Original boarding passes confirming travel was undertaken. Printouts of mobile boarding passes are also acceptable.
- Relevant documents confirming your trip’s purpose (registration, admission, event brochure, notes, archival permission etc.)
- Post-travel report of no more than 500 words, if applicable.
- Per College policies, Massey reserves the right to deduct any award amount for reimbursement against outstanding account balances.
Incomplete reimbursement requests will not be processed.
- All completed travel reimbursement requests must be submitted by December 6, 2019.
- If the conference or research is cancelled or delayed, you may re-submit an application for an alternative conference or research in the same calendar year, for the same award amount.
- Alternative conference or research must be approved before reimbursement.
- Unused funds cannot be carried forward to the following calendar year.
- Award amounts are non-negotiable.