The call for nominations for new Quadrangle Society Members in 2019 is now open. If you know of someone who would enrich the Massey community, please consider submitting a nomination package. The points below outline the process through which new Quadranglers of Massey College are nominated and selected.
Nominations will be accepted until April 14, 2019
Nomination process for the Quadrangle Society of Massey College
- All members of the Massey Community (including Junior Fellows, Senior Fellows, Quadrangle Society members, Staff, and Alumni) are eligible to nominate new QS members for consideration.
- In keeping with Massey’s commitment to diversity, we encourage nominations of racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, women, multilingual speakers, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas.
- Members are asked to restrict themselves to nominating only one candidate per year.
- Each nominee must be supported by two (2) nominators within the Massey Community, one of whom will serve as lead nominator. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “QS Nomination of [the nominee’s name]”.
- Each nomination must include the following four attachments: the nomination form, a letter of nomination from each of the two nominators, and the nominee’s CV. Only complete nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee.
- Nominations will close on April 14th, 2019.
- The Selection Committee will be composed four members of the College. They will include the Chair of the Quadrangle Society, the Principal of the College and two members at large and in good standing from the Quadrangle Society who will be selected by the Chair with input from the administration on who has the skills and temperament to be effective in the deliberation and selection of new members.
- In reference to the considerations on the “Expectations of Members” document shared in October 2018, and revised in March 2019, nominees will be drawn from the non-academic community and meet some or all of the following criteria:
- high achievement in their chosen discipline for their stage of career,
- leadership in their community engagement,
- engagement or experience with graduate students, and
- clear indications that they will actively participate in the life of the college as described in the “Expectations” document
- in keeping with the College’s commitment to principles of diversity, Quadrangle Society member selection will take account of demographics in order to build and maintain an inclusive community that expresses the diversities of the city of Toronto.
- The persons on the proposed slate will be contacted by the Dean with the question of whether the nominated person would like her/his name to stand on the ballot.
- The final slate of candidates will be submitted for approval by the Governing Board.
- The initial term of a QS member is to be three years, followed by possible renewals at each subsequent three-year mark providing that each member has made a material contribution to the community and remains in good standing.