Junior Fellows Town Hall: Community Building and Programming for Next Year
Dear Junior Fellows,
We are developing plans for next year’s programming and would like your input and suggestions.
Here’s some ideas that what we have heard to date and are thinking of including in next year’s programs:
Physical and Mental Wellness
- Yoga and other physical activities
- Sessions on “supporting friends through difficult times”, “time management”, “building coping skills”, “stress management”
- Weekly Graduate Conflict Resolution tables
- Reconciliation and Treaty Knowledge, Indigenous Language training
- Sessions on “How to be an Ally”, Anti Black-racism training, unconscious bias training, Consent and healthy sexual relationships, creating inclusive spaces.
- The Massey Code of Conduct
- Communication between Admin and JFs
- “Holistic” Mentoring
- How to write an op-ed, how to do a Ted Talk, how to do a podcast
Intellectual Life (in addition to JF Lecture Series, and the Public Policy, Science, Medicine, Law, Journalism and Arts conferences and events)
- Massey Dialogues on Current Issues: Junior and Senior Fellows or members of Quadrangle Society comment on a current issue with a publication
- The Massey Commission: jointly managed (JF/SF-QS), will undertake interdisciplinary work and partnershp to be published on a major policy question
If you’re not able to make it to the Town Hall, feel free to go and see Elena Ferranti in Room 3 House III (drop-ins are welcome) or email at email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you!