Employment opportunities at Massey College
Director of Advancement
Massey College is a facility for graduate students within the University of Toronto. Throughout the academic year it functions as a residential College with a large number of events and activities aimed primarily (but not exclusively) at members of the College. In the summer it provides temporary accommodation for any visitor to Toronto. In both the academic year and the summer, a significant number of receptions and events are accommodated through the Catering Manager.
Director of Advancement
The Director of Advancement is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive institutional advancement program for Massey College. This position is responsible for the oversight of all fundraising, volunteer, alumni relations, and admissions activities.
The Director of Advancement reports directly to the Principal and works collaboratively with the Principal and other senior staff and administrators.
Compensation: includes comprehensive health benefits and pension.
The Director of Advancement provides leadership, planning and management for the College under the direction of the Principal. Key responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Identify, cultivate, communicate with, and solicit major gifts prospects.
- Oversee capital campaigns consistent with the College’s strategic plans, working closely with consultants and capital campaign chairs.
- Develop, implement, and manage planned giving program providing mechanisms for bequests, charitable trusts, and endowments.
- Develop and implement fundraising policies and procedures.
- Develop and oversee donor and prospective donor stewardship programs.
- Oversee the gift giving process and recognition program.
- Supervise and collaborate with University of Toronto Advancement Office team
- Responsible for the annual operating budget of the Advancement Office and report to the Principal on outcomes.
- Set the annual calendar for all fundraising events.
- Manage with the University of Toronto Advancement team a comprehensive, accurate constituent, donor and prospective donor records.
- Generate financial reports regarding gifts, grants, and pledges.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of all volunteers associated with the advancement program.
- In collaboration with the Principal, responsible for setting all advancement goals and objectives that are clear and measurable.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of professional advancement experience in major gifts, campaigns or planned giving.
- Proven project management skills.
- Solid experience with maintaining clear, accurate records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Experience in managing volunteers.
- Ability to effectively articulate the values and mission of Massey College.
- A strong commitment to and understanding of donor recognition and stewardship.
- Understanding of computer and constituent software.
- Strong managerial, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Highly self-directed with an attention to detail and ability to organize effectively.
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Please forward your application to:
Elena Romanova, Human Resources
No phone calls please.
Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
Massey College wishes to thank all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Massey College is an equal-opportunity employer.